Percent complete ?

October 30, 2012 - 20:08 pm
14 comment(s)
Hello, Whenever i want to fill in a number for percent complete to a task i have a problem. I can't fill in a number for percent complete, but this does not happen to all tasks. Is anyone familiar to this problem? Can anyone tell me why it doesn't happen to all tasks. Whenever i give, for exemple 75% complete, sometimes the gantt bar doesn't change and in another task it does change. Please any help, suggestions? Greatings, Leo


October 31, 2012 - 04:08 am

Hi Leo,


That seems odd..... if you can send your project file and offending task number we can check it out.  You can send it to partners@projectlibre.org.   There are a few things like Summary tasks will update % complete when the child task is updated..... and there is also different effort driven statuses that may be causing this but I would like to check it out to ensure there is not a bug.





December 18, 2013 - 03:34 am

Can you detail what your issue involves ?  Is it with Summary tasks ?  We have not heard since the fix anything on this.... you can send your project to info@projectlibre.org and we can see if we can replicate.

December 18, 2013 - 12:35 pm

Hi - thank you for your interest and reply.  I was scrambling to get some updates entered for a schedule review today so I did not take careful notes on what I did to get things working.  It is possible that I had entered date fields that should have been left empty for auto-filling.  I will take more careful notes when I touch it next.  I did have problems removing "actual start date" and/or "actual end date" fields in some cases.  Learning what not to touch seems important.


January 11, 2015 - 17:20 pm

I have the same/similar issue going on here.

I have documented this in this post: http://www.projectlibre.org/discussion/unable-update-task

It doesn't matter if it is a regular task or a milestone task, I have Percent complete issues with both.


I'm willing to provide my 'pod' file.





January 21, 2015 - 13:17 pm

Thank you, there is obviously a problem and we are looking to make corrections in the next version.  Please send the project file to info@projectlibre.org  That would be very much helpful!  Thank you for your support!



January 22, 2015 - 21:13 pm

If I have a task which spans across a time where the resource is unavailable (ex. holidays) the gantt plan shows two bars with a gap in between - which isto be expected. But I can't increase the % complete value beyond the % complete at the end of the first bar of the gantt plot. Every input which is higher than that gets cut to the end of the first part again.

January 27, 2015 - 04:45 am

That is interesting.... I started to answer with what I thought would be the solution... HOwever, we need to look at this and are recoding the scheduling engine now so will check!  Thank you!



In reply to by OB

January 31, 2015 - 23:49 pm

I have precisely the same problem - split task, and I can't flag it as complete beyond the proportion equivalent to the first part of the task.

June 28, 2015 - 19:37 pm

My percent complete issues are making the entire project unusable. 

Some tasks I CAN update the percent complete, but if I type in 50%, it changes it to 100%.  If I then change it to 0%, it stays at 100%... no matter what I type in it stays at 100%.   

Other tasks I CANNOT do any update to the percent complete at all.  No matter what I type in, it stays at 0%.

My schedule is very simple, 140 lines, two levels (Main tasks and subtasks).  It is for finishing my basement with each room being a major task and all of the things inside that room the subtasks.  

Help... unfortunately this makes me dead in the water.