Discussion

Recent files & MS Project 2010 compatibility

September 6, 2012 - 10:49 am
2 comment(s)

It's really great to see updates to OpenProj. I was thinking it was probably dead in the water.

I was also hoping to see a Recent Files menu/icon somewhere so I don't need to keep browsing around to open my projects. Any chance of adding that for the final release?

On a related topic, how do I set the association so that .pod files open with PL?

Regarding MS Project 2010 compatibility, I noticed you can only Save As a Project 2003 xml file. Will you be adding the 2010 file format?

Thanks!

2 Comments

September 6, 2012 - 12:58 pm

I just read your comments and sent a message off to the team.... great suggestions!  We should have an open recent drop down in the menu.  There should also be a file association to make things easier to migrate.  I will add that OpenProj was not seriously updated since we got acquired.  We have had discussions with Serena (and they are great folks)  but at this point we are completely re-writing which will have a lot of benefits!  This will be a vibrant project! 

September 7, 2012 - 04:22 am

Thank you for the suggestions.... they are both good ideas.  Thank you for the feedback!