Discussion

resource usage - more than 100%

March 10, 2013 - 19:30 pm
4 comment(s)

Hi

I’ve just started using project Libre and would like some guidance on the following:

At the moment I can allocate the same resource for 200% ie 80 hours in a given week and the resources report does not highlight this as a clash... or am I missing something .

So my question is –

How do I report/find resources that are used more than 100% in a given week/calendar

Thanks

Mike

4 Comments

March 12, 2013 - 04:47 am

You can add a Resource Histogram in your Gantt view.... this will show overallocation of your resources.  You can select different resources or even different sets of tasks and see the loading...

March 16, 2013 - 16:49 pm

Hi, 

Is it also possible to do resource leveling, so that no resource is used more than 100%?

According to below source:  

http://www.projectsmart.co.uk/practical-project-management-and-tracking-using-microsoft-project.html

It is recommended not to make too many predecessor bindings, but instead let the timing and final schedule depend more on resource leveling. I guess this is makes heavy use of MS Projects resource leveling features. Is this possible in libreproject as well? 

Kind regards,

Michael

March 19, 2013 - 01:20 am

Hi Michael,

We are currently rewriting ProjectLibre.  We are also coming out with an enteprise/cloud version that will have resource leveling.  I don't have any details yet but will forward them in the coming months.  

Best regards,

Marc